Hair wax is a styling product with extraordinary capabilities. Aside from conditioning hair, wax enhances hair volume, shine, structure and texture. That’s a formidable list of benefits from just one product. Find out why exactly wax for hair is the ideal all-in-one styling aid.
Wax for hair styling is a solid substance with qualities similar to hair gel. Thanks to the waxy nature, the styling aid does not stiffen hair, but instead helps it remain bouncy and pliable all through the day. This is a definite plus for all who like to keep their hair soft, light and flexible.
When you know how to use hair wax, the conditioning effects provide damaged hair with new shine, prevent hair from drying out and reduce hair breakage. Furthermore, hair wax with different strengths and holds is available for individual hairstyles.
Don't overdo it on the wax for a more subtle look
You don’t have to be a professional to use styling wax, as even novices can begin to work wonders on their hair straight away! Wax can be applied to both dry or wet hair, making hairstyles with wax easy to achieve.
Distribute the wax in the palm of your hand and rub it with your fingers to make it more pliable. It’s best to have wax for hair in its melted state so that it can be evenly worked through your hair. Now the hair can be styled as desired.
- The proper amount of wax: Avoid applying too much wax to your hair. Otherwise, your hair may end up looking too greasy. About a pea-sized amount of wax is enough for short to medium-length hair.
- Layered styles: Apply the wax to your hair ends only by twirling the tips between your fingers. This will give layered haircuts an edgy look.
- Creating structured, flexible curls: Both natural and styled curls are springier and hold the style longer after hair wax has been applied. Simply work the wax into the ends of your hair and learn how to curl hair for a great finish.
- Providing volume for fine hair: Work small amounts of styling wax into the hair next to the roots. Then finish your style using a blow-dryer with diffuser attachment
- Out-of-bed hairstyles: Distribute styling wax for your hair before tousling your locks for an undone look. For the final touch, you may want to accentuate certain parts of your hair by twirling the ends of individual strands between your fingers.
A great tip for how to use hair wax: It’s best not to remove styling wax by brushing it out, nor is it good to let it sit in your hair for several days. Learn how to wash your hair correctly with shampoo to remove it.
All in all, wax is perfect for boosting your hair thickness and removing frizz, in addition to its style benefits. It works its magic quickly and can be restyled easily enough. Wax for hair is one of those useful little styling products that everyone should have in their bathroom cabinet!
In our gallery of stars, we show you how styling wax is used to create beautiful hairdos.
The British TV moderator Fearne Cotton uses styling wax instead of gel to create this asymmetric hairstyle. Styling wax holds the side-swept hair in place
Peaches Geldof shoulder-length blonde hair is layered. The ‘It-girl’ uses styling wax to accentuate the layers. The hair ends are styled outward
The US American actress Zoё Kravitz (‘Californication’) is the daughter of musician Lenny Kravitz. She uses styling wax to shape the covering layer of her short hair and to accentuate individual strands of hair. The styling wax gives her hair additional volume
Actress Jessica Weixler (‘The Lie’) wears her shoulder-length blonde hair in curls. She applied styling wax to every strand of her hair to define the curls and to give them their springy nature