We see models for Bottega Veneta showcase the beautiful hairstyle with straight hair close to the crown of the head and curls or waves starting at about ear level. We show you how to create this retro hairstyle and also provide suggestions for makeup in style with the retro curls
A sleek hairstyle which combines smooth hair on top of the head with soft waves or curls creates looks from romantic to wild. The curls and waves may be tousled or well-defined. If you feel like turning heads you may also tease and fluff the curly ends like the models in the photos below. The hair may be parted unevenly or in an accurate line either low or high. The hair above the forehead may be pushed to the side and secured with a hair slide or alternatively, pushed to the side with strands falling into the face.
Models for Bottega Veneta showed the new retro curls in brown, red, and blonde on the catwalk. They completed the retro look by using bright rusty-red lipsticks. The mascara and eyeliners were kept in soft shades of brown.
The expressive hairstyle certainly commands attention. The contrast between the straight hair on top and the fluffy ends lend interest and appeal to this 1940s hairstyle with its many playful yet elegant variations. The models chose deep side hair parts, which imparted just a trace of austerity to the look. They pulled the hair above the forehead straight across the hairline and secured it with hair slides on the opposite side. Many mothers will style their little girls’ hair this way. The school girl element contrasts with the austere side part and softens the look.
Your hair should reach at least to your shoulders to create this 1940s hairstyle with straight hair on top and curly ends.
- After the shampoo, blow-dry your hair and create a straight low side parting.
- Be sure to apply heat protectant before straightening your hair. Then use a flat iron to straighten your hair on the crown of your head and above the forehead. Work on small strands at a time and straighten the hair down to ear level.
- Slightly dampen your hair before you roll small strands of hair on small-diameter curlers starting at ear level; then blow-dry your hair. You may also use a curling iron to create the small curls.
- Use your fingers to pluck the curls apart for a voluminous, almost kinky look.
- Finally, secure the front hair with a hair slide opposite the side parting. Use plenty of hairspray to give staying power to the high-volume look.