Shag Haircuts for Men
Whether it is short, medium long, layered, or tousled, men across the world have embraced the shag haircut because of its simplicity and effortlessly cool style. The men’s shag hairstyle has been worn by many pop stars since the 1970s and has only gained in acceptance ever since. We’ll give you a few tips and tricks about shaggy men’s haircuts and different ways you can wear this look.
The enduring eppeal of the men’s shag hairstyle
The shag haircut is low maintenace and relaxed
When the shag first started appearing in the 1970s, it quickly became a favored option for both men and women. Famous musicians such as David Bowie, Mick Jagger, and Rod Stewart rocked the look and the shag haircut for men was quickly in high demand! Because it’s easy to maintain and suits many different hair colors and types, as well as different ages and professions, the shag is one of the more diverse and stylish men’s haircuts to try out.
In essence, the shag is a haircut that has been layered and feathered at the top and sides. The result of this is a full crown of hair that looks like just the right amount of messy and casual. Shaggy men’s hairstyles can be short or even reach all the way to the shoulders. Perhaps the biggest attraction to this particular style is the no-muss-no-fuss, tousled look that gives off such a relaxed vibe. Though it might have its beginnings as a look for pop stars, shag haircuts for men are also totally acceptable for business-casual and social settings alike. Another bonus for the shag is that it’s relatively low maintenance and easy to style, although this can depend on how curly or long you wear it.
How best to style the shaggy men’s haircut
Ideas to try with a shag hairstyle for men
Luckily, men aren’t limited to just one type of hairstyle when it comes to the shag. The choice is up to you! Here are some of the most popular shaggy men’s haircut ideas to get you inspired:
- Short back and sides: Keep it messily tousled on top, but shave the back and sides.
- Side-swept bangs: A classic look that is just the right amount of messy.
- Pair with a beard: Try out some new beard styles to pair with the shag. Look out for more trending beard haircuts.
- The Beatles look: The Fab 4 were style icons during the 60s, and their shaggy look from towards the end of the decade is hard to fault.
- Shoulder-length: If you have the patience to grow your hair, the shag hairstyle for men with long hair looks fantastic.