Get heads turning with bold hair colors
Sometimes a bold hair color is just what you need to refresh your look and enjoy a much-needed confidence boost. It’s never been easier to express yourself and let your personality shine through than with cutting-edge, colorful hair. If you’re looking for bold hair color ideas, we’ve got you covered!
What are the best bold hair color trends to try right now?
With so many gorgeous hair colors trending at the moment, it’s hard to know where to start so we’ve narrowed it down to the fiercest three. These bold hair color trends will make you stand out from the crowd and electrify your look.
Any shade of red is sure to make an impact, but bolder tones are especially attention-grabbing. What’s great about red is that anyone can pull it off, although it’s a good idea to play around a bit and find the best shade to suit your skin tone. To achieve the red hair of your dreams, look no further than göt2b Metallics M68 Dark Ruby or M76 Real Red. The metallic-shine booster leaves your hair glistening with cool, shimmering tones and the anti-fading effect ensures your locks stay looking this way for as long as possible.
If you’re experimenting and prefer a less permanent option, the göt2b Color Pöp range is another way to try bold hair colors. The göt2b Color Pöp Red Mask colors your hair in as little as 5 minutes (or leave on longer for a more intense result) and lasts up to six washes. The mask also cares as it colors thanks to the nourishing formula containing Panthenol, coconut, and apricot kernel oils.
Maybe less intense than red, but still dazzling and worthy of its place in the bold hair color trends list. Bright blue hair complements all skin tones and is sure to match all your outfits. Another great thing about this shade is that it gives off a denim look as it fades, and is therefore not as difficult to maintain as other bold hair colors. göt2b Metallics M66 Blue Charcoal and M67 Blue Mercury will give you vivid results that’ll turn heads. Alternatively, choose M86 Blue Lavender for a softer, but equally eye-catching look.
göt2b Color Pöp Blue Mask is perfect for a quick change as the color washes out after six washes. The moisturizing formula ensures that your locks are cared for as they showcase this electric color.
Purple is another great bold hair color idea. As well as looking edgy, chic, a purple hue can freshen the look of your complexion and accentuate your eye color. There are so many different shades of purple to choose from. göt2b Metallics M69 Amethyst Chrome and M85 Urban Fuchsia offer a multi-dimensional look that delivers unique metallic radiance. M49 Smokey Violet is less intense, but still packs a punch and works especially well on dark blonde to dark brown hair.
göt2b Color Pöp Purple Mask leaves your locks replenished, healthy, and of course, colorful! The intense color & care mask is easy to apply and you’ll see results in less than 15 minutes!
.Just remember when going for bold, you may want to consider bleaching your hair first for best results and more intensity. Try göt2b Bleach It for up to 8 shades of lightening.
Care tips for bold hair colors
Now that you’ve achieved the bold hair color you’ve always wanted, you’ll want to keep it that way for as long as possible. Here are a few tips to help your new bold hair color keep its intensity.
- Use a shampoo for colored hair: This type of shampoo is always recommended as it cleanses your hair without affecting its natural chemical balance and also provides it with all the nutrients it needs to leave it looking healthy and shiny.
- Wash hair in cool water: You might love the feeling of hot water, but your hair doesn’t. Hot water opens your cuticles and washes away the color, so aim for a lukewarm stream instead.
- Wash less frequently: Each time you wash your hair, you’re washing out the color, therefore it makes sense to keep washing to a minimum and only when you really have to.
- Dry shampoo: This useful product could help prolong the time until your next hair wash. Simply apply to the sections that are starting to look greasy and you’ll get an instant refresh.
- Wear a shower cap when not washing your hair: If your water has a high mineral content, it can actually cause your bold hair color to fade over time. If you’re not planning on washing your hair in the shower, place a shower cap on your locks so they stay protected.
- Take small sections when applying: Make sure the color is saturated through the hair completely to ensure even color.
- Get your hair to the ideal stage of lightening when you bleach: When you are lightening your hair, ideally get past any orange color your hair may pull for optimal color results. Remember going lighter will ALWAYS produce warmth in the hair and that may affect your desired result.