Who is the ash brown color suitable for?
Ash brown hair usually suits those with cool skin undertones and the best time to try it out is the start of spring, as the warm rays from the sun will make the silver tones appear far more striking and make them pop. This smoky shade of brown could be seen as a mid-step between brunette and blonde, but the overall look is classy, professional and has a hint of edge to it. This is just one of many great hair color ideas for brunettes!
For those seeking a bit more variety when it’s time for a hair change, then why not try ash hair balayage? The seamless blend of darker on top to lighter at the ends looks absolutely stunning, as it's high contrast and low maintenance. Those who say brown hair is boring are completely wrong! Due to the variety of the mushroom brown hair trend, you can opt for different looks, including bronde, soft blending, sunkissed, warmer base, beige face framing, blended bob, silver ashy ombre, or even ashy beige.
How to get ash brown hair the right way
We think the ash brown hair color fits great for those with light brown hair, but naturally, if your hair is a deep shade of brown or black, then we'd recommend bleaching your hair first in order to get the perfect ash brown hair. Of course, if you know how to dye your hair at home, then you can easily get salon-like results and the entire process can be finished easily with a DIY kit. Just be sure to follow the directions carefully! Not sure if this brunette hair color is for you? Try out our Color ULTÎME sparkly light brown or perhaps even Color ULTÎME cinnamon brown for other Schwarzkopf color options.
Remember these golden rules:
- For anyone with darker hair, it’s best to lighten it first using bleach. This may take two coloring sessions
- For those with lighter hair, one coloring session will be enough
- Be sure to consider other styles for the ash hair color, such as dip-dye, balayage, ombre, highlights, etc
- Ensure you’ve purchased high quality shampoo that helps to preserve color. Read more about brunette shampoo
- Wash your hair with cold water to make the color last much longer