The Best Men’s Beard Styles
Beards come in all shapes and sizes and can be trimmed, styled and tuned to complement your face – they can look as good as any haircut! The way you wear your facial hair can say a lot about you, so it’s worth giving it some consideration. There are certain beard trends which come and go like the seasons, while others are rightfully considered classics. Let’s take a look at some of the best men’s beard designs so you can find the right style for you.
Trendy beard styles you need to know
From the 5 o’clock shadow to the Yeard, men’s beard styles are not only wide-ranging but have their own vocabulary. Navigating this for a newcomer can be daunting, but here we’ll take a tour of the top looks so you don’t have to get too caught up in the details. Before getting started, let’s recap on all the reasons why growing a beard is so great:
- Beards help you look older and more mature
- Your skin is happier and healthier for not being shaved every day
- Beards and mustaches help obstruct nuisances like pollen reaching your nose and causing allergic reactions
- Beards offer natural sun protection, blocking up to 95% of UV rays
- Experiment with a new look
This scruffy men’s beard style offers a rugged look with a dash of devil-may-care attitude. As the name suggests, with this look you let your beard grow out to a three-day length and then maintain it at that level. Of course, depending upon how fast your hair grows you may need more or less time to achieve the desired length. Once there, use a fixed-length comb attached to your trimmer to guarantee the same great look every day. To keep you hair in top condition use göt2b® Phenomenal beard and hair shampoo, and show off that designer stubble.
Caring for men’s beards
No matter how trendy a beard style you are rocking, if you don’t look after the hair and your facial skin it’s going to look shabby pretty soon. Here we’ve broken down a few of the most important care tips to help your beard stay looking fresh.
- Combing: If you’re rocking some ¼ inch stubble then maybe you can skip this step, but for everyone else there’s no excuse. Laugh if you will, but keeping beards of all lengths combed helps to ensure the hair remains healthy. Fun fact: combing also helps to stimulate the skin under the beard, helping to ensure it undergoes healthy turnover.
- Trimming: Regular trims either at home or at the barbershop will help keep your beard looking great for longer. An even length and tailored sides are the most important things to watch out for, especially where the beard meets the ears, mouth and nose.
- Washing: Aim to wash your beard 1-2 times a week. Note that some men’s shampoo is too harsh for the face, so try to use a specially formulated product that will promote cleaner hair without drying your skin out.
- Moisturizing: Using a good balm, such as göt2b® Phenomenal conditioning oil, will help keep your beard hair smooth, supple and in great shape.