Did this ever happen to you? Your hair stylist convinced you to take an adventure of a hair style and now you hardly recognize yourself in the mirror? The new look was supposed to be so cool. This would have never happened with a classic chignon hairstyle.
The chignon is one of the most beautiful updos. Chignon hairstyles are currently very much back in style. If worn low in the nape of the neck, the classic chignon looks noble. High on top of the head and styled in a slightly tousled way, the chignon creates a young and modern appearance.
How to do a chignon? Styling chignons is easy once you get the knack of it. Slightly tease the hair and brush it back to gather it into a ponytail. Turn the ponytail around several times and arrange it in a spiral. Use hair pins to secure the chignon and apply hair spray to keep the hair from unravelling at the first wind gust.
Chignons can be styled in many different ways. Little changes make a surprising difference in style.
- Different from ponytails, chignons can be placed anywhere, even on the crown of the head. The hair is contained in the chignon and cannot fall into the face.
- Chignons look very feminine and alluring if styled casually and placed on oneside of the head.
- Hair donuts give chignons more volume.
- It is easy to give chignons a festive or glamorous character with hair jewelry. Very simply styled or sleek chignons look quite elegant.
- Wear a messy chignon for the opposite effect. There should be plenty of happy opportunities for this soft, light-hearted style. Simply pull a few strands of side hair out of your chignon hairdo and allow them to frame your face. Undone chignons should not show any particular structure.
The Ponytail – Young and Charming
While not as technical as the chignon hairstyle, the ponytail is still every woman's favorite solution for bad hair days - it can be styled for a glamorous look in the evening as well
The Bob – Cool, Elegant Perfection
The traditional bob is chin-long and cut in blunt lines with fringes. Bob haircuts suit any hair quality, and they look marvellous in any hair colour
Pixie – Short for Expressive Style
Even though the pixie is razor short, the soft stepped haircut still looks feminine. Soft natural waves make it look especially beautiful
The Shag – A Little Naughty
Unlike a chignon hairstyle, the shag is based on a stepped haircut, and the hair is combed closely to the scalp. The style works cut short up to the earlobes or shoulder-long
Long Sleek Hair – A Shiny Frame for the Face
The long sleek look has all the features of a hair classic. The style is versatile and can be styled with or without fringes (bangs), side or middle parting, and can also be tied into an easy chignon if the occasion arises.
Long Wavy Hair – Feminine, Casual and Cool
Soft, casually falling waves look classy and very feminine. If you have naturally wavy hair you should use the diffuser attachment when blow-drying your hair. What's more, this could easily be styled into a chignon for long hair.
Chignons can look austere, casual or undone. They can be styled high up on the crown of the head, low in the neck, on the side or everywhere in between. If you want a hairstyle to showcase you creativity, the chignon is the ideal choice.
Chignons are close to outranking ponytails in popularity. Both hairstyles are easy to master, and they are as practical as they are beautiful. Only one styling step separates the ponytail from the chignon, but this step can add a world of class, beauty and interest to your hairstyle.