Ever wanted to really step out in style and try something new? How about combing gel through your hair to create the wet look hairstyle? The creative use of hair gel makes it possible to style countless variations of sleek hairstyles, and it looks amazing. Be sure to check out our images and video below for a wet hair look for women, including strictly combed-back styles and the faux bob.
Gel creates the wet look because it contains large amounts of water, which it lock into the hair. Different portions of short or long hair can be combed to look wet and smooth. The wet, shiny nature of gels adds a cool note to sleek hairstyles. This look is particularly well suited for the creation of elegant hairstyles for professional or relaxed settings.
To create the wet look for your hair, all you need is hair gel or wax, such as Schwarzkopf göt2b® Glued® spiking wax. Simply spread the hair gel or wax over your fingertips to apply it to your dry hair. Start with a small amount of hairstyling product and add more as needed. Then, comb the hair and apply a hairspray like göt2b® Insta Hold high hold hairspray. Briefly use a blow-dryer to set the gel, which will slightly harden as the shine intensifies. If you prefer a softer glow and hold, you may want to apply a mixture of both hair gel and wax to your dry hair.
You can create wet look hairstyles whether your hair is long or short. Usually, short hair is completely covered with gel while only portions of long hair are styled to look wet and sleek. If your hairstyle includes a part, be sure to create a straight part with the help of a styling comb.
- Sleek short hair: Comb your freshly shampooed hair close to your scalp using a brush or comb. Then apply the gel as described above to create the wet hair look.
- The sleek ponytail: Distribute gel on the crown of your head before gathering your hair in a tightly bound ponytail.
- The faux bob: First give your hair the wet look by applying gel from the roots to the ends, then comb it straight. After gathering your hair in a ponytail, pull the scrunchie down to the end of the ponytail. Turn the end of the ponytail under and secure it with hair clips for a cool faux bob.
- Undone ponytail and smooth side part: After creating a side part, use gel to comb back your bangs or the hair above your forehead. No gel is applied to the remaining hair, which is gathered into a casual ponytail.
- Partially gel-treated hair: Moisten the straight or straightened hair next to your scalp before combing it down in a straight fashion with the help of gel or wax. Use hairspray for additional shine and hold. In this wet look hairstyle variation, you can comb your hair behind the ear or allow it to flow straight down.
- Semi-updo: You may like to style partially gelled hair into a semi-updo. Simply apply gel to the top and sides of your hair and gather your hair into a banana clip or chignon.