Take a Bow: The Bow Bun Is So In Right Now!
The bow bun looks totally cute and is mega stylish! Best of all, it’s not as complicated as you might think and Lady Gaga is even a fan! Here you can learn how to style the perfect hairdo for cool summer parties and festivals.
There are hairstyles that are perfect for everyday use such as ponytails to keep your hair out of your face. And then there are styles that are more suitable for special events or parties – like the bow bun. Whether you’re at a music festival or partying the night away, the bow bun stays in place. The beauty of the hairstyle: it looks so much more complicated than it actually is. We explain how to style a bow bun and reveal what makes them look even cooler.
Step-by-step: how to do a bow bun
1) First brush your hair back and tie it in a high ponytail, but on the last pull through, don't pull your hair all the way through and instead create a loop, leaving the ends of your hair pointing toward your forehead.
Volume powder helps to add extra volume
2) Divide the loop into two halves.
3) Take the hair that’s pointing to your forehead and fold it back in between the two looped halves to create the center “knot” part of the bow.
4) Secure the bow in place by putting the ends through the hair tie and using bobby pins to keep both sides of the bun in place.
Don't forget to secure in place with bobby pins so the bow bun stays put
5) Fluff up the bow bun so that both sides are symmetrical and so it looks exactly like you want it to.
6) Use hairspray to give the style more hold and cream gel to smooth down any disobedient flyaways.
A quick spray of hairspray and you're done!
Even more extravagant: bow bun with colored hair
This look is even more unusual if you have colorfully dyed hair. Either the same color all over – or even more eye-catching – several colors! Depending on how your hair is dyed, the bow bun could end up being a different color to the rest of your hair, which makes it stand out even more.
Whether you opt for two different pastel colors or darker, more striking colors the next time you dye your hair, keep in mind that the best result is achieved with blonde hair as the starting color, so you may need to lighten your hair first.
If you have darker hair, it might be best to discuss how to gently color your hair with a professional if you don’t want to attempt it yourself. Sometimes several visits to the hair salon may be required to get the hair to go as light as possible.