Under The Sea: The New Mermaid Hair Trend
Mermaid hair is one of the most vivid and exciting hair trends to have happened in recent years. Deep blues, striking greens and vibrant purples will make your hair feel as if the waves of the ocean are flowing right through it! Learn all about it here.
Dare to be bold with mermaid hair
How to get mermaid hair: top tips
- Hair experts recommend not washing your hair for three days prior to dyeing, as your hair's natural oils help the lightening process.
- Unless your hair is already very light, using bleach first is recommended.
- Ensure your hair is brushed to remove any tangles before applying the color.
- Mermaid hair color works on many levels, so if you want 70% blue, 20% green, and 10% purple, then you should make that choice! Some might be inspired by Ariel’s red hair color and prefer to go for specifically one shade to make the process simpler, but your taste will dictate the results.
- If you like the idea of ombre mermaid hair, then you can mix the hair dye with conditioner. It's best to have all the colors you'd like separated into different bowls.
- Follow all the instructions on the hair dye kit very carefully! Use petroleum jelly on your forehead, neck and ears to avoid the dye touching the skin.
- Always use specially formulated shampoo for colored hair afterwards.