Ash Brown Hair: A Classic Color
If you're looking to get on board one of the best hair trends to hit the world in recent years, then start by discovering all about ash brown hair color. Sometimes called mushroom brown hair, the color is a gorgeous mixture of silver highlights combined with the classic brunette hairstyle. While some hair trends are all about being as visible and bright as possible, ash hair is subtle and understated yet no less eye-catching.
Who is the ash brown color suitable for?
How to get ash brown hair the right way
We think the ash brown hair color fits great for those with light brown hair, but naturally, if your hair is a deep shade of brown or black, then we'd recommend bleaching your hair first in order to get the perfect ash brown hair. Of course, if you know how to dye your hair at home, then you can easily get salon-like results and the entire process can be finished easily with a DIY kit. Just be sure to follow the directions carefully! Not sure if this brunette hair color is for you? Try out our Color ULTÎME sparkly light brown or perhaps even Color ULTÎME cinnamon brown for other Schwarzkopf color options.
Remember these golden rules:
- For anyone with darker hair, it’s best to lighten it first using bleach. This may take two coloring sessions
- For those with lighter hair, one coloring session will be enough
- Be sure to consider other styles for the ash hair color, such as dip-dye, balayage, ombre, highlights, etc
- Ensure you’ve purchased high quality shampoo that helps to preserve color. Read more about brunette shampoo
- Wash your hair with cold water to make the color last much longer