Wavy Hairstyles That Work On Short Hair
Are you considering a short wavy hairstyle? No problem! We have beautiful proof that short and wavy go very well together. You will also learn what to watch for while cutting, blow drying and styling so everything fits together.
The texture of your hair plays an important role when choosing a new hairstyle for your wavy hair. However, you should not allow anyone to talk you into believing that naturally wavy hair must not be cut short – that is quite simply a fallacy. Short cuts can in fact look amazing with wavy hairstyles! And that is far from the only positive thing about the wavy-short combination. Here are all the benefits at a glance:
- Thanks to the wavy texture, the short cut continues to look delicate and therefore feminine.
- Just because the hair is short, there is no need to forego volume.
- Short wavy hairstyles are light and comfortable to wear.
- The wavy hairstyle is versatile – you can emphasize the waves or straighten the hair.
- It is very practical – washing, blow drying and styling take far less time.
Find your favorite new look! We present the most beautiful haircuts for wavy hair in the following gallery:
In Brief: Tips for Short Wavy Hairstyles
- The wavy volume can be reduced a bit with slight layering. Then the hair dances softly around the face rather than overpowering it.
- The sides and the hair at the back of the head can be cut really short. However, the hair at the crown should always be left somewhat longer. That emphasizes the beautiful waves and opens up a greater variety of short hairstyles for wavy hair.
- A diffuser attachment lifts the hair while blow drying, conjuring up extra volume. The waves remain defined and do not get tangled.
- Wondering how to straighten hair that is wavy? Distribute some mousse in it and blow dry over a round brush. A somewhat smaller brush is well suited here so you can wrap up the shorter hair more easily and get the tension you need for straightening. If possible, run a straightening iron over the individual strands as a final step. Apply hairspray and you’re done!
- Short hair with the wet look can look super cool or also very classy depending on the styling. When gelled hair is scrunched for instance, the waves come out even more and the hairdo appears much wilder. To tame the waves on the other hand, simply comb the hair straight back or to the side.
- For a bit of variety, you can form a severe side parting which will have a very different appearance.
- However, you can also purposely define individual strands and thereby shape your entire wavy hairstyle. Hair wax with a gloss effect achieves especially beautiful results.
- If the waves run out of steam, you can apply dry shampoo or volumizing powder for added fullness.
- Clips, brooches and hair bands serve as exciting accents to your short wavy hairstyle and can save you on bad hair days!
Wavy Hair: Undercut
Opposites make this hairstyle attractive: the hair is cut really short at the sides and back of the head. On the other hand, the hair on the crown is left longer and falls forward over the eyebrows. With the contrast of an accurate basic cut and soft waves, this look is versatile and highly exciting!
Wavy Hair: Pixie
A classic short cut that appears very young (impudent) and modern (highly textured) with wavy hair. The pixie adapts perfectly to the respective hair texture. Depending on how wavy the hair is, the style can be very clean or also a bit wilder
Wavy Hair: Wavy Bob
An asymmetrical bob with the lengths at the front reaching about to the tip of the nose is practically made for wavy hair. With this hair texture, the diagonally tapering cut is very soft and amazingly subtle. Ideal for those who desire a feminine and playful short cut
Wavy Hair: Short with Quiff
You like to crank it up? Then you should keep a generous basic length (about ten centimetres). This allows the hair to be styled as desired – straight and elegant one time, voluminous and dramatic another. Then the longer hair at the crown can be easily styled as a quiff. A look that can readily compete with any elaborate updo!
Wavy Hair: Layered Cut
A layered cut long enough to just cover the ears offers the greatest styling versatility. The wavy hair is cut so it falls naturally towards the face without appearing heavy. You can even tie the hair into a half bun with this short cut and braided hairdos are a possibility as well