Healthy Hair Report: Super Foods for Gorgeous Hair
Summer is here and this season, the hottest accessory you can rock is a head of healthy, gorgeous hair. But the products that you reach for and how much (or little) love you give your hair every day, aren't the only things that matter on your journey toward desirable tresses. Celebrity hair stylist Richard Collins, who styles some of the most recognizable manes on the A-list scenes, says that truly luscious locks start with your diet. Nibbling on nutrient-rich goodies stimulates the hair's proteins to nourish and protect its fibers, and increase circulation to its follicles. Collins discusses the super-foods you should be eating for healthier, stronger, and shinier strands.
- Sweet potatoes, carrots, spinach, cantaloupe, kale and broccoli are all rich sources of vitamin A, which provides protection for your hair from environmental toxins. Collins says Vitamin A also helps produce oils in your scalp that act as a natural conditioner, encouraging healthy hair growth. He suggests including Vitamin A rich fruits and vegetables regularly into your diet to encourage the development of healthy locks.
- Avocado, raspberries, and raw cauliflower are good fruit and vegetable sources of biotin, a member of the vitamin B complex. All B vitamins, biotin especially, prevent hair loss, and help with healthy hair growth and development. Collins says a lack of biotin can even lead to scales on your scalp, contributing to hair loss - so make sure you are eating biotin rich fruits and veggies every day.
- Citrus fruits and their juices, such as oranges and grapefruits, kiwis, strawberries, tomatoes and red peppers are all good sources of vitamin C. An antioxidant, Vitamin C also helps your body produce collagen. Collins says this is crucial for hair production, leading to thicker, healthier hair. So be sure to start your morning with a glass of orange juice right next to your coffee!
- As important as nutrient rich fruits and vegetable are, Collins says you can’t discount a great product line for healthy hair maintenance. When it comes to damage, prevention is much easier than correction, so he says using the Schwarzkopf essence ULTIME Omega Repair and Moisture line regularly will help prevent damaged, depleted hair. His favorite product from the line is the Sublime Hair Beautifier 11 in 1, which contains vitamin B5 and omega oil. Collins says the 11-in-1 Hair Beautifier repairs damaged hair by controlling split ends, improving manageability, rebalancing hydration levels, and improving the overall appearance of your hair.
- This summer, make your best accessory your gorgeous, healthy, head of hair. Focus on incorporating the top hair super-foods into your diet regularly, as well as using the Schwarzkopf essence ULTIME Omega Repair and Moisture line daily to prevent and repair future damage. With A-list stylist Richard Collins’ expert tips, getting your longest and strongest hair ever has never been easier!