Warm Weather Hair Must-Haves
Summer is in full in swing and it’s officially hot out! That means one thing for your beauty game; it’s time for an overhaul. Your hair gets the most wear and tear this time of year. Between the heat, humidity, chlorine, and tight ponytail holders, you’re bound to be plagued with frizzy, dry, and damaged locks. It’s important to treat and protect your hair from the harmful, harsh elements of the season. And what’s the best way to do it? With product! Celebrity hairstylist Richard Collins, whose clientele includes some of the biggest A-listers in the business, tells us what’s hot in the hair department for summer. Read on for his list of Schwarzkopf Summer Hair Must-Haves for creating silky, shiny, soft beautiful hair all summer long.
- If you are planning to spend all summer in the sun, Collins says UV protection for your hair is a must! He recommends essence ULTIME Diamond Color and Radiance Shampoo and Conditioner, along with the line’s Shine Boost Tonic. They contain UV filters providing protection from the sun allowing your hair to hold its luster longer. Use the shampoo and conditioner regularly, and apply the Shine Boost Tonic to wet or dry hair before going out to protect your hair from UV damage.
- Don't let humidity and frizz get you down this summer. Use styliste ULTIME Satin Frizz Control and Protect Divine Finishing Polish to keep your hair in place and looking great. Use the polish on dry hair to finish your frizz free look
- Speaking of taking a break from the heat styling tools, Collins advises putting down your blow-dryers, flat irons and curling irons and letting your hair air dry naturally all summer long. Just spritz your damp hair liberally with styliste ULTIME Elastin Curls and Moisture Soft Toussle Spray for a perfectly un-done, sexy bed-head look.
- Is your hair dry and suffering from the sun's effects? Then pick up one of Collins’ favorite products, essence ULTIME Omega Repair and Moisture 11-in-1 Hair Beautifier. This amazing all-in-one product transforms your dry, damaged hair, controlling split ends and detangling, for an overall improved appearance giving you smooth, soft, bouncy, vital hair.
- If your hair is lacking luster and shine, apply some styliste ULTIME Crystal Shine and Hold Heat Protection Shine Spray before or after styling. Collins says it'll keep your hair looking shiny and gorgeous all day long in the summer sun.
- If you're a gal on the go this summer, (and who isn’t?!) try styliste ULTIME Biotin+ Volume and Texture Luxe Fresh Up Dry Shampoo. It's perfect for in between regular washings when you don't have the time or amenities to take a quick shower.
- The essence ULTIME Omega Repair and Moisture Daily Oil Elixir is a versatile product great for all hair types to combat the summer’s wear and tear on your hair. The oil can be applied to dry or wet hair, several times a day, to give your hair a healthy shine.
- The matte trend isn’t only in these days when we're talking about makeup and nail polish; Collins says matte hair is in, too. To get the ideal matte hair finish, add styliste ULTIME Biotin+ Volume and Texture Magic Volume Powder to dry hair to finish your look with just the right amount of edge.
Arm yourself with these Schwarzkopf Summer Hair Must-Haves for your most beautiful beach babe hair yet!