Who suits the pixie?
No matter whether you have sleek, wavy, curly, thin or thick hair, the asymmetrical pixie cut suits any type of hair and most face shapes. The chic, short hairstyle looks especially great on women with an oval face shape, but also looks super stylish on those with a slightly angular or heart-shaped face shape. A pixie cut involves cutting the hair short at the back and sides, while leaving length on the top and sideburns. The bangs also remain long with the asymmetrical pixie, but – as the name suggests – they’re cut asymmetrically.
How to style an asymmetrical pixie cut
The styling process might seem like it would be a little complicated, but looks can be deceiving! You’ll be rocking your new hairstyle in no time when you follow these simple steps:
- After washing and towel-drying your hair, apply some göt2b® Volumaniac™ Bodifying Mousse to give it a firm hold and shine.
- Using a round hairbrush (small diameter), pull your bangs diagonally away from you, and then downwards while blow-drying. Ideally, apply some heat protectant to your hair to avoid heat damage from the blow-dryer.
- Once your hair is completely dry, straighten your bangs with a straightening iron, creating a sleek look.
- Then, work some modelling wax into your palms and twist, style and shape your asymmetrical pixie cut to your liking.
- To make sure your new hairdo holds throughout the day, finish it off with some hairspray!
Enjoy your new quirky twist on the classic pixie!