There’s a style for every hair type
Space buns not only look incredibly stylish, but are also suitable for every hair type. Smooth, fine hair can be made to look more voluminous with the help of double buns, and they help to tame curly hair too. But that’s not all: The buns can also be individually styled – high or low, in a sleek look or with braided elements. These buns are very trendy, suitable for everyone, and work for every occasion. Here you can learn how to style space buns:
- Brush your hair to get rid of any tangles and divide in two with a center part.
- Use a hair tie to fix a ponytail at each side at the height that you want the space buns to be.
- Backcomb the ends of each ponytail slightly from the middle to the roots.
- Wrap the ponytails around the hair tie like a snail.
- Fix the mini buns in place with bobby pins and a dash of hai spray so that the look holds perfectly.
These are the basic instructions for creating classic double buns, but there are many different ways of styling them depending on the occasion: a sleek look for a sophisticated event or braided buns for a casual and fun daytime look. You could even add accessories such as flowers or hair jewelry or opt for bright scrunchies to help hold thicker hair in place.
Sleek space buns
Giving the classic buns a sleek makeover can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to this look. Learn how to do this variant of space buns:
- Make a side part while your hair is still wet.
- Work in some GLISS® Oil Nutritive Weightless Oil from the center to the tips to give your locks extra shine.
- Blow-dry your hair and divide it into two parts at the center of the back of the head, then style the two buns. Please follow the instructions from above.
- For this sleek look to work, you need to make sure that your hair is always slicked back smooth when styling.
Festival vibes: Braided half-up half-down space buns
This may sound like there’s a lot to it, but it’s really easy. You’ll be able to do it in no time once you’ve got the hang of it. This is how to rock this casual and playful hairstyle:
- First, separate the upper half of your hair from the lower part and divide the hair on top into two equal sections.
- Braid the two parts directly onto your head (by incorporating new strands of hair into the braid) and secure with a hair tie at the end.
- Backcomb the ends of the braids for more volume, then twist the braids around the hair ties and pin them with bobby pins.
- Then comes the trusty hairspray. A few quick sprays and the hairstyle will stay in place. The half-up half-down space bun hairstyle can also be achieved with normal ponytails if you don’t want to braid your hair.