Coloring your hair yourself can be tricky. You need to be pretty limber to apply the color evenly to the tiny hairs in your neck area, to say nothing about the sprinkling of color dots on the bathroom tiles…
Using foam color makes changing your hair color pure pleasure. You can apply the foam like a shampoo. The foam feels light on your scalp, it smells pleasantly (since it contains no ammonia), it does not drip and stays where it is needed. In addition, the foam can be applied evenly to cover even grey hair styles.
You should not mistake using a foam color treatment and using mousse to tint your hair. The pigment in the tinting mousse only attaches to the outside of the hair and coats it with a fine color film, which quickly starts disappearing from your hair. Tinting your hair with mousse will last no longer than 6 shampoos on the outside. The tinting mousse does almost nothing for gray hair. A real color treatment, even a foamy one, requires that you mix two ingredients. This is how you can tell the difference between coloring and tinting. Different from a tinting mousse, the foam color penetrates the hair for as long as you leave it in your hair and colors it permanently. Foam color covers gray completely.
Applying foam color is easy:
Drape a towel around your shoulders to protect your skin. It is best to hold this towel with a clip to keep it in place. You should wear the provided gloves
Put the colour gel into the applicator bottle
Close the applicator bottle with the provided pump seal. Now turn the applicator bottle upside down and back one time only. Very important: Do not shake the applicator bottle
Do not pre-wash your hair. Pump the foam directly into your gloved hands and first apply it to the dry hair in the front of your head. It is best to begin the colouring where you find most of your grey hair
Distribute the rest of the foam colour all through your hair including the hair in the back of your head
Thoroughly massage the foam colour into your hair like a shampoo until every hair is covered with foam
Make sure that all hair is well covered with foam colour at the base
Allow the foam colour to stay in your hair for 30 minutes. Then thoroughly rinse out the foam using warm water
Massage the provided conditioner into your hair and leave it in your hair for two minutes. Now thoroughly rinse out the conditioner. It’s done!
Further Important Information about Foam Color
- Don’t save in the wrong place. Always use an entire bottle of foam color. Use two bottles for very long hair
- Do not save residual foam color for later. Once mixed, the foam color must be used right away
- Be sure to adhere to the application time. The coloring process occurs in several steps. You may not be satisfied with the result if you rinse the color out prematurely
- It takes a bleaching color (like pearl blonde) to lighten your hair. The sky is the limit If you like to darken or deepen your color to hazelnut brown, chocolate brown or all the way to black to name a few choices
- Make sure not to go too wild with your color changes. Most women look most attractive with a hair color no more than two or three shades away from their natural color
- Do not wash your hair before coloring it. The natural sebum layer does a good job protecting your scalp from the chemicals in the hair color
- Dyed hair stays beautiful for a longer time if you use shampoo and rinses for color-treated hair. These products provide extra conditioning and keep your new hair color fresh and glowing even after many shampoos