Hair Color Touch-Up Made Easy
- Hair color should be touched up regularly to maintain the original luster
- © Fotolia.com
After you first colored your hair, it glowed with luster and shimmering light reflections danced on its surface. Now, almost all the luminescence and brilliance has disappeared. Not to worry, we will share with you our best tips and tricks to restore the shine and color intensity. Our tips make touching up hair color easy as pie
The hair frames our faces, and its color uniquely influences the way we feel about ourselves and interact with others. This makes it even more important to find the perfect hair color and revive it should it dull and no longer add the desired sparkle to our personality.
Multiple-Application Hair Color Touch-Up
Hair color touch-ups do not change the basic hair color and do not require elaborate coloring techniques. It is possible to apply a small portion of a foam colorant only to the area where it is needed such as the hair near the roots around the parti. The remaining touch-up color can be used for another application.
Hair Color Touch-Up with Permanent Powder Colorants
Permanent powder colorant is the right choice if your heart is set on deepening your hair color. Minute powder pigments deepen your hair color’s intensity. The super fine powder glides like a lotion. Therefore, it is easy to apply and easy to mix.
Hair Color Touch-Up Tips
- Even if you only intend to touch up the hairline or the root portion of the hair around the part, make sure that no color can land on your favorite or new clothing. An old T-shirt may actually improve with a few colorful spots. Hair color also has a way of leaving temporary stains on fingers and nails. Be sure to wear the included gloves while you apply hair color.
- It is always wise to read the instructions on or in the package before using a new or unfamiliar product. Hair color touch-ups work best if you stick to the included instructions.
- It is important to perform the allergy test before the first application. The test is described in the package instructions.
- Use shampoos, which are designed to protect color-treated hair. These shampoos also maintain the color brilliance and intensity.