Style of Stars: Curly Top Carla Gugino
- Carla Gugino looked enchanting at this year’s Golden Globe Awards!
- © Getty Images
Carla Gugino is a regular in the movie business. She is known for her performances as supporting actress in ‘Californication’, ‘Night at the Museum’ and in this year’s presentation ‘Sucker Punch’. Her looks at this year’s Golden Globe Awards are certainly worthy of an award
On a regular day, Carla Gugino lets her thick medium-long hair fall naturally and loose. For her appearance at the Golden Globe Awards she put rollers into her stepped haircut and styled her dark hair in a sophisticated fashion. With a little effort and with the help of our tips you can successfully duplicate her style.
What you need:
10 - 14 small Velcro rollers with a diameter of about 1 inch (2.5 centimetres), hair pins, small slides, mousse, hair spray, and styling crème for the ends of the hair
This is how it’s done:
- Slightly moisten your hair and work a little more than a golf ball-sized amount of styling mousse through it
- Start rolling your hair around Velcro rollers on top of your head. Then put rollers into the hair in the back of your head and in your side hair. It does not matter which way around you roll up your hair, but it is important to roll it up tautly to create tight springy curls
- Blow-dry your hair with relatively hot air but with a reduced air stream. Allow your hair to cool down completely
- Carefully take out the rollers and detangle the hair using a trace of styling crème. Now work your hair into the right shape using your hands
- In case your hair needs more hold, fasten the curls with hair pins or small hair slides. You may also decide to use pins or slides for the front and sides of your hair
- To give your hair style the finishing touch put a film of styling crème on your fingers before using them to push your hair in place. The idea is to create an overall full and even silhouette. All that’s left to do is applying some hair spray