2012 Hairstyles in Cannes
- Gemma Arterton showed her style wearing an artful updo reminiscent of Brigitte Bardot in Cannes
- © Getty Images
Our eyes certainly had feast days at the 65th Cannes Film Festival. We admired artful updos in all variations and colours; we delighted in upbeat, young-looking braids and fell for romantic twirled hairstyles. You may like to give the hairstyle of Sarah Gadon and other stars a whirl. Have fun using our styling tips to create these beautiful Cannes hairstyles
Hair was casually styled or braided before it was pinned down or up this year in Cannes. The hair stylists in Cannes were seemingly set on creating undone looking hairdos to withstand any storm. This may have had the slightest bit to do with the severe weather plaguing the opening of the film festival at the French Riviera this year. Strong wind gusts are known to completely destroy exacting hairstyles. The casual undone look on the other hand absorbs a little more disorder with nonchalant ease.
Undone Was Well-Done in Cannes
The hairstyles of actresses at this year's Cannes Film Festival attracted the undivided attention of many photographers who captured the amazing hairstyles from all sides. Sarah Gadon's young-looking crown braid was certainly very easy on the eyes. A romantic twirl look gave Jessica Chastain her elfin appearance. The look certainly got her noticed. Gemma Arterton's updo with giant waves seemingly added inches to her height. Not even Paz Vegas' rich casual chignon could steal much attention from the classic beauty of her face. However, the styling added a down-to-earth note to her otherwise elegant appearance. The actresses impressed with a lot of style in Cannes this year. They carried off the undone look beautifully.
Styling Instructions: Gemma Arterton's Cannes Hairstyle
This year, the British actress Gemma Arterton ("Prince of Persia", "RocknRolla") opted for an updo with giant waves.
1. Work volumising mousse through your towel-dry hair. Then blow-dry your hair while hanging your head upside down. Brush your hair before parting it low on one side. Now gather your hair in a high ponytail in the upper back of your head.
2. Tease the ponytail using a comb and separate it into three strands.
3. Fold the lower of the three ponytail strands under and down; secure this part of the chignon with hairpins.
4. Pull each of the two remaining ponytail strands forward while shaping it into a giant wave. Use hairpins and hairspray to keep these giant waves in place and in shape.
In our photo gallery, we show you more stars and their Cannes hairstyles. Hopefully, our styling tips inspire you to try these beautiful hair creations.
Gallery: 2012 Hairstyles of the Stars in Cannes
The chignon is one of the most popular hairdos for red-carpet events. In his video, Armin Morbach shows how to create three different variations of the chignon
Video: Chignon Styling with Armin Morbach