If it ever gets cold in your neck of the woods, you may not be able to avoid wearing a warm hat. However, even those who are dead-set on not wearing winter hats will change their minds as soon as their ears are frozen stiff. Today, winter hats come in many shapes and materials so that everybody can find a suitable warm hat. Of course, then the question is how to style the hair underneath your favorite hat.
Hairstyles and Styling Tips for Hat Wearers
- Here is a styling variation that works with every type of hat: Pull your hair over your ears and then pull your hat over both your ears and hair. For this style, it does not matter how long your hair is and whether it is straight, wavy or curly.
- Curly hair will inevitably fall flat underneath a hat. For a chic style, find out how to curl hair only from ear level to the ends.
- Whether you wear a chignon or ponytail, you should place it where it does not interfere with the fit of your hat.
- If your hair is short or gathered in a ponytail or chignon, you may like to consider allowing a few strands to peek out from underneath the hat rim for a softer look.
- Hair wax helps to keep fly-away hair in check. Simply spread some hair wax over the inside of your fingertips before pulling your hair into shape.
- Dependent on your style, you may like your fringes to peek out from underneath your hat or hide the fringes underneath the hat. If your hairstyle does not include fringes, pull up your hat so that up to an inch of hair above your forehead remains visible.
- If you wear your long hair open, you should pull it forward over your shoulders for a decidedly feminine look. This also keeps the focus on your hair, not your hat.
Styling Tip: Less is More
© drubig-photo / Fotolia
Fur hats are the ultimate hat fashion! Whether you wear real or fake fur, the trapper or the Russian model, many envious eyes are going to follow you. Decidedly plain hair styles match these extravagant hats perfectly. We recommend simple braids or sleek hairstyles for contrast and added interest.
Styling Tips for Wearing Simple Flat Hats
The flat hat came to us from France. It is the most understated hat fashion, which offers styling variations galore. Match the simplicity of the flat hat with your most extravagant hair styles but keep your hair loose, maybe even a little wild. A chin-length bob or a generous long mane looks marvellous under a flat hat whether your hair is straight, wavy or curled. Bouncy and playfully feminine hair is the most appealing contrast for the plain flat hat.
Styling Tips for Knitted Hats
© Amir Kaljikovic / Fotolia
Loosely knitted hats offer a lot of room for big hair. They are therefore the ideal solution for elaborate hair styles or teased works of hair art. The wide loops expand to accommodate the more voluminous hair styles and also allow some air circulation. For more ease of wear you can wear knitted cotton hats.