Whether your hair is thick, thin, curly, straight, long or short, it can be shapelier and sassier with a good layered haircut. Layer-cuts can uniquely express your style and attitude, and it is easy to style and manage to boot.
Here are the five most compelling reasons for a layered haircut:
- Layered haircuts are the basis for structured hairstyles and allow the hair to move freely
Layering hair is recommended for very thick as well as for thin hair. The bulk of thick hair is reduced and thin hair appears more structured.
Quite often, thin hair looks limp and clings to the scalp. This type of hair will appear livelier after layering.
- Women look younger wearing layered hairstyles
Layered haircuts have been around for a long time. They are a good basis for young looking, casual hairstyles, which softly and nonchalantly frame the face. The layering results in a fresh or even sassy appearance.
- Layering controls the hair volume
Layering is particularly advantageous for limp, brittle hair because this haircut creates the appearance of having more hair. Simply apply volumizing spray to the root portion of your hair and blow-dry it using a medium-sized round brush for extra volume.
- Layered haircuts work for long and short hair
Layering gives long hair a structured modern appearance and provides pep for short hairstyles. Layered haircuts can be varied by adding such elements as bangs or highlights to your styling.
- Layer-cut hair is easy to style and maintain
No extra styling efforts are required for layered short hair. Simply distribute hair wax in the palms of your hand before using your fingers and hands to define and accentuate individual pieces of hair. Short hair looks elegant if you apply gel and sleek back your hair.
- Long layered hair may be styled in voluminous curls unless you decide to let your hair fall over your shoulders in uncomplicated undone strands or waves.
In a nutshell, layering your hair is a practical option to achieve a large variety of structured hairstyles with appealing movement and pizzazz.