Celebrities discovered the high chignon long ago, wearing it with anything from the casual all-day look to a glamorous gala dress. This works because the hair knot – albeit always with a slightly undone look – is one of the most feminine and classy bun hairstyles. Few hairdos accomplish the balancing act between cozy stay-at-home hair and elegant event hairstyle as successfully as the popular high bun.
Why High Bun Hairstyles are so Popular:
- The high bun appears wonderfully uncomplicated, adding that congenial something to any festive occasion. According to the motto: aiming high while keeping your feet on the ground.
- Of all the cute bun hairstyles, this one is especially timeless. Young girl or mother, Chrissy Teigen or Julianne Moore, everyone looks great with this chignon.
- The high hair knot is extremely versatile and can be styled as desired. Twirled up severely or left slightly looser to create a messy bun hairstyle – the trendy hairdo is a companion for all life situations.
- It makes us taller (yes, every inch counts!), lengthens the neck and thus makes us appear even more feminine.
- The high chignon goes well with any style: it makes elegant looks and business outfits appear less severe, casual styles more romantic and feminine.
- Curls, waves, straight hair? No matter, you can do the twist with any hair structure.
- Take it easy! The top knot is probably the world’s most straightforward updo, perfectly knotted in just a few steps.
Hair Styling Instructions: The High Bun
You too want to try this fabulous knot? Compared to many other hairstyles, buns are particularly easy! Create the look yourself in just five simple steps!
What you need: Dry shampoo, hairbrush, 2 hair elastics, hair clips and hair spray
- For added grip and extra hold, first work some dry shampoo into your hairline.
- Comb the hair over your head with a brush into a ponytail and secure it with a hair band.
- Twirl the ponytail until it nestles around the hair band like a chignon almost on its own.
- Take another hair band and wrap it around the knot.
- Then secure the high bun with hairspray and you are done!